- Adjunct Faculty: Hospitality Department - Bunker Hill Community College
- Go to our website »
BHCC is looking for an instructor to teach CUL-245 Food and Beverage Operations on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:00-8:30 PM on the Charlestown Campus.
CUL-245: This course acquaints students with current industry technology and sales techniques. It discusses nutrition and food allergy concerns. The course exposes students to all managerial procedures required in the food service industry. Students learn how to interpret a basic financial statement and use current technology as is required in the restaurant industry. The course introduces students to the wines and spirits that might be paired with the various ethnic cuisines. In this course, students provide service for the Advanced and Ethnic Food Production course. Additional expenses may include supplies, equipment, and/or uniforms. Prerequisites: Essentials of Food Production (CUL-215) and Essentials of Dining Service (CUL-225).
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or Culinary Arts
- Experience managing front of house operations in a restaurant
- Commitment to advancing equity and access in the classroom
- College teaching experience, especially at community college level, preferred
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary: $1,291.00 per credit hour
Effective Date: Spring semester, open until filled
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency