This ad is expired.
- Assistant Manager of Retail Operations
- Go to our website »
Assistant Manager of Retail Operations
Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Assistant Manager of Retail Operations position. The Assistant Manager of Retail Operations is a full-time, year-round position, starting at $26.00 per hour - commensurate with experience. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
This position is eligible for a bonus of up to $1,500.00 payable upon completion of 3 months of service.
The Assistant Manager of Retail Operations supports the efforts of Amherst College Dining Services by providing the campus community with excellent products and services through our retail and vending operations.
The Assistant Manager of Retail Operations assists in managing and supporting the efforts of the retail team in five (5) different operations and locations across campus. The primary focus will be on the Amherst Branded merchandise at our Schwemm's Mammoth Market and mobile retail operations.
Responsibilities include: assisting with the supervision and development of the diverse retail teams, product development in collaboration with the Manager of Retail Operations resource management, product purchasing and inventory. The Assistant Manager works collaboratively with all employees in support of the customer service standards and goals of the Dining Services Department. The Assistant Retail Manager takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
As our work is central to student life, their needs occur at a variety of times throughout the day, week, and year and in such, the work schedule varies. The Assistant Manager often covers staff shortages in any one of the retail operations on any given day or shift and covers as Supervisor for Valentine Dining Hall. In addition, the Assistant Manager of Retail Operations is designated as providing essential services and should report to work, or remain on duty even though the College is closed.
The Assistant Manager takes the appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the college's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive and welcoming work environment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Retail Operations Amherst College Branded Merchandise
- Trains, supervises and develops a diverse staff, working towards an intentionally inclusive culture for all
- Assisting with the review and approve payroll before processing
- Coordinates staffing to provide adequate coverage for the schedule
- Maintains a safe, clean and inviting store environment
- Collaborates with the Retail Manager on merchandising
- Handles customer complaints, concerns and questions
- Purchases products and supplies and maintain inventory controls for all operations
- Works closely with our Grounds and Facilities teams to coordinate the location of our Mobile Retail Shop
- Oversee operational service standards
Oversee Other Retail locations as needed
- Assure all locations are staffed and have adequate resources to provide services to our campus
- Some seasonal periods will require work in other Dining locations
- High School or Vocational High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current ServSafe Manager Certification or be able to achieve within six (6) months of employment
- Allergen Awareness Certified, as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or be able to achieve within six (6) months of employment
- Driver's license and successful credentialing in order to operate college vehicles
- 2-5 years of progressive supervisory experience in retail operations
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Supervisory experience including strong leadership and coaching skills
- Experience in food/product purchasing, food costing and inventory control
- Knowledge and experience in cash registers, cash handling procedures, reconciliation of multiple cash banks and bar scanner programming
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse community
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical and lift test
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Campus Dining Experience
- 3 or more years of progressive experience in retail operations
- Experience managing multiple retail operations in different locations
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may apply).
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits Information.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs. Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. (Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the Career icon from their Workday home screen) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.
To apply, visit https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Amherst_Jobs/job/Amherst-Campus/Assistant-Manager-of-Retail-Operations_JR3623
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency