- Business Administrator (Finance) - Residential & Hospitality Services - Hybrid Eligible
- Go to our website »
Business Administrator (Finance) - Residential & Hospitality Services - Hybrid Eligible
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Business Administrator (Finance) - Residential & Hospitality Services - Hybrid Eligible
Job Profile Title
Business Administrator B
Job Description Summary
Residential & Hospitality Services is one of 18 departments reporting to the Division of Business Services. Consistent with the Business Services mission, our underlying philosophy is to provide our clients with high quality services in a fiscally responsible manner. Residential & Hospitality Services is a group of dedicated, innovative, and student-centered staff that oversee the on-campus living and dining, as well as conferences, programs and events hosted at Penn. The team works closely with other partners to provide students and guests with services that support living and learning at the University of Pennsylvania.
The Department of Residential Services is responsible for administering housing-related services to the 12 College Houses and Sansom Place (graduate and undergraduate housing). Residential Services' on-campus living options span across Penn's 262-acre campus. Residential Services works closely with other partners to provide students and guests with services that support living and learning in the University residences.
Hospitality Services provides professional expertise for conference, programs, and events hosted at Penn. By showcasing the impressive array of facilities and resources the University has to offer, we strive to make Penn a destination of choice for meeting and event planners. The department is also responsible for the oversight of residential operations, facilities, and support services to the many academic programs, sports camps, meetings and conferences happening on campus during the summer at Penn.
The Business Administrator (BA) is responsible for the day-to-day budget and financial activities of the Hospitality Services (HS) Department. Under direction from the Senior Financial Analyst of Hospitality Services the BA performs a wide range of financial activities that support the financial structure of the department. The tasks include reconciling invoicing, creating purchase orders and processing payments through accounts payable, inputting payroll through Workday for HS students. The role is also responsible for reconciliation of Conference Services client data to ensure the transactional detail for clients working closely with Program Managers. The role is responsible for the financial detail for dining which includes external dining operations. The detail includes meal plan reconciliation as well as all other tenders managed through Penn. This role is responsible for the HS BCM (Business Control Model) which requires maintaining the balance sheet and creating the entries monthly and quarterly.
The Business Administrator must exercise resource stewardship to ensure compliance with relate policies and procedures, and report all known or suspected irregularities to the Director of Budget & Finance or through appropriate channels.
- Manage payroll for students and weekly paid staff, update Workday reconcile hours, support operational managers
- Partner with operational business managers to create purchase orders for on-going operational needs. Reconcile all purchase orders through the payment cycle in accounts payable monthly to properly manage encumbrances.
- Support the financial reconciliation of clients in CP (Conference Planner) all clients with program managers to ensure the transactional charges are reflected for each client and events.
- Executes financial transactions to ensure the GL details are accurate. Works closely with the Senior Financial Analyst to review monthly actual results. Partner with HS operational staff to support the financial detail of externally managed dining and to reconcile the financial activity.
- Coordinates the budget support required for HS managers to provide guidance on how to best procure the goods & services needs using the best practices of the department and university.
- Prepare monthly running forecast and ensure the integrity of all financial transactions.
- Assist on creating customer billings through analysis of events and expenditures in coordination with the HS SFA. Manage the monthly financial transactions and payment processing for 26 rental units in Sansom Place.
- Prepare and manage budgets and transaction support for Conferencing, Internal Dining & External (BAMCO) Operations, and the University Club.
Bachelor's Degree with 2-3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required Working Conditions Office, library, computer room Physical Effort Typically sitting at a desk or table
Targeted Pay Range: $ 43,919.00 - $60,000.00
Job Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.
Department / School
Residential and Hospitality Services
$43,919.00 - $66,183.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Sansom-West/Business-Administrator--Finance----Residential---Hospitality-Services---Hybrid-Eligible_JR00054994-1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-06584a821f83344f8a1b4d88ab9f9a6c