This ad is expired.
Culinary Specialist - Catering/Cook/Driver/Setup (Full-Time)
Salary: $17.88 - $20.00 Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time 43 Week
Job Number: 2021-03428
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Division: Retention & Completion
Variable shift; may include nights and weekends. Cooking experience required, valid drivers license required, and must be insurable by the school
Under the direction of Food Services leadership, performs food service duties throughout District including set-up, transfer and maintenance of food and beverage; plans, coordinates, and performs large-scale food preparation to minimize loss and waste within established budgets; and ensures distribution of food for catering, buffet and table service; cashiering and kitchen equipment maintenance. Directs or prepares food in compliance with applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and established food production programs and procedures. Supervision received is general in nature using established procedures and general objectives.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Duties with a circle (
Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency, and three (3) years of experience in quantity food preparation, one (1) of which must have been in area of specialization; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to include the following:
Required License/Certification: Serve Safe certification within six months of hire
Preferred Education: Associate's degree in Culinary Arts
1. Considerable knowledge of equipment, materials, and methods used in large scale food preparation.2. Considerable knowledge of area of specialty.3. Knowledge of personal hygiene and sanitation standards and ability to maintain these standards.4. Ability to assign and coordinate work of assigned food service personnel.5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, teachers, students, and the general public.6. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.7. Ability to work independently.
- Cultivates innovation
- Optimizes work processes
- Ensures accountability
- Interpersonal savvy
- Communicates effectively
- Instills trust
- Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Values differences
- Knowledge of the use of a variety of commercial kitchen equipment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of knife cuts, cooking techniques, sauce making, and vegetable preparation.
- Knowledge and understanding of large volume food production standards as well as the ability to produce small quantity fine dining options.
- Knowledge of personal hygiene and sanitation standards and the ability to maintain these standards.
- Skilled at basic math functions and applications as it applies to culinary math and recipe scaling.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and make independent decisions when required.
- Ability to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Ability to utilize excellent customer services skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with MATC staff, faculty, students, representatives from outside agencies, business community and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means representing degree of professionalism expected of leadership.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as a team member.
- Ability to access and disseminate information using computers and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to assign, coordinate and direct work of assigned food service personnel ensuring task completion and informs management of discrepancies and resolution.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., carry, and push up to 50 lbs. and ability pull up to 50 lbs.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/matc/jobs/3105220/culinary-specialist-catering-cook-driver-setup-full-time
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency