This ad is expired.
Housing, Foods and Ancillary Services Manager 1
The Penn State Brandywine Housing and Food Services operation is seeking a manager with organizational and self-management skills, the experience and desire to build a strong team, motivate employees and a proven background in effective floor management. This position will support the food service operation as well as the facility management process in the residence hall.
- Coordinating day-to-day operations in the housing and food service operations at Brandywine
- Ensure procedures are upheld in compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines
- Engage with students, through Food Advisory Board and other opportunities with clubs and organizations and customer engagement
- Meeting with clients regarding special events and catering functions and managing, planning, and executing all necessary components
- Hiring, training, coaching, supervising, scheduling, evaluating, and disciplining assigned employees, student employees coordinate professional development programs
- Completing special projects and reports as assigned
- Bring new menus, recipes, and/or concepts to committees
- Ordering inventory and supplies and inspecting them for quality
- Ensuring financial success through cost containment and business growth, analyzing budgetary items, preparing reports, and making recommendations
- Promoting programs and developing communication strategies
- Ensuring quality customer service for both internal and external customers through effective communication, problem-solving, and training of assigned staff
- Collaborating with other departments to better serve customers and guests
- Overseeing and scheduling maintenance requests and care of equipment in both the food service and housing operations
- Executing environmental stewardship in all operational areas
This position may require leading or participating in departmental and University-wide initiatives and committees or researching, planning, and recommending equipment purchases and participating in facility renovations.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1+ years related experience
Bachelor's Degree or higher in hospitality, nutrition, or business related discipline
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience in motivating teams, delivering great customer service and building sales in a fast-paced work environment. Proficiency in food-service software, Microsoft Office365 suite is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate must be dynamic management approach, have a positive attitude, and exceptional customer service. Exhibit problem-solving skills and be able to prioritize and meet required deadlines. Demonstrate a genuine interest working within the college dining and housing environment with a diverse audience. The final candidate must be guided by ethical decision-making and demonstrate the ability to be a flexible and collaborative team member.
Finance and Business is a value driven organization that supports thousands of university faculty, staff, and students, while also providing services to the broader community and society. Auxiliary and Business Services is part of the Finance and Business team and has a vision of being a progressive, creative, innovative, and caring organization which provides the highest quality services, leadership, and expertise valued by our customers, our staff, and the communities we serve. Our values model those of Penn State's and we are especially committed to our goal of effectively managing and developing human resources within Auxiliary and Business Services while providing optimum personal satisfaction and professional growth in a diverse, enriching, challenging, and stimulating environment. We also firmly believe in the value of Respect, which encourages us to "respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community." As an incoming team member in Auxiliary and Business Services, it will be expected that all employees embody and model Penn State's and Finance and Business's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Brandywine/Housing--Foods-and-Ancillary-Services-Manager-1_REQ_0000036600-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency