Supervisor of Retail Operations (FT)
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,000 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members, students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
This position is a working supervisor that is responsible for supervising their location in the absence of the area supervisor. Responsibilities include assisting in the supervision of culinary and student staff in the opening set-up, production/service and closing clean-up of cash operations following standard practices and procedures. Assist with the training of staff in all aspects of food production, special dietary requests ensuring consistency of food quality, food presentation, quality customer service and sanitation. Other responsibilities include assisting with product ordering, training and maintaining accurate food production/inventory control systems. Must follow and oversee that all recipes, production and service records are in compliance with standardized sanitation, allergy and safety practices. Responsibilities also include assisting with purchasing, staffing, cash handling and assisting with the execution of catered events and special events.
- Assist with the supervision of non-exempt and student staff.
- Assist with register set-up and banks following established cash operation procedures.
- Ensure all sanitation and safety practices are being followed.
- Ensure recipes and Food Pro production sheets are followed and correctly executed.
- Display professional interpersonal skills with guests, customers and staff.
- Report all issues that need to be addresses to the supervisor/manager.
- Assist with inventory, service records, purchasing and cash reports.
- Assist with overseeing all products are stocked, dated, rotated and at par levels.
- Ensure proper signage is displayed.
- Assist with the set up, execution and clean up of catered events.
- Follow and enforce the college alcohol policy and the City of Worcester guidelines for serving alcohol.
- Perform other similar or related duties as required or requested.
Schedule - 2 Open Positions
- Varying Schedule - This position is 40 hours per week, 44 weeks per year.
- Varying Schedule - This position is 40 hours per week, 40 weeks per year.
Holy Cross Dining staff are considered Emergency Essential Personnel and are required to report during times of inclement weather. Due to the needs of the Dining department and the academic calendar, schedules may change. Must be flexible with shifts including opening and closing.
- Experience in volume dining operations preferred.
- Demonstrates professional supervisory, customer service and communications skills.
- Certification in ServSafe (food safety/sanitation), TIPS (Alcohol Intervention Methods) and Food Allergy Awareness training required.
- Technical knowledge and experience in FoodPro or related systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel necessary.
- Needs to be open minded, approachable, professional, hands on, creative, flexible and lead by example
This is a full-time, non-exempt position coupled with a comprehensive benefits package.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
Please attach resume and cover letter if available, otherwise, please complete the online application.
Should you be a candidate for further consideration after hiring manager review, you will be contacted by a human resources representative.
To apply, visit https://holycross.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=128805
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency